Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Learn Something New Everyday

I learn something new in class everyday literally. Whether its about a person, lesson, or maybe life itself. Learning something new helps me think. So today Mr.Rease divided us by continents because we are doing projects on different countries’ culture. We had to research customs on our country. I have Columbia, which is in South America if you didn’t know that. One of the customs I found strange, but interesting was Women grasp forearm when greeting people. Since we were separated by continent, It was only two of us in South America. My partner had Brazil. I notice we had a comparison with our two countries was that Men have to make direct eye contact and shake hands. Just like in America men do the same thing. It’s a sign of respect. The difference between her country and my country. The women in Brazil greet each other by kissing each other two times on the cheek. In Columbia the women have to grasp the forearm when they greet them. Unless they developed a friendship then they kiss each other on the cheek. The other countries had very interesting customs.

1 comment:

  1. We did the same thing except we did the country, Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete